Saturday, September 24, 2011

professional pickers


Today I had the pleasure of sitting in with a band that performs on Friday nights. Yes, the same night that I play in Halls. A very dear friend from years ago invited me to come sit in with them during a special set at a BBQ benefit. He wanted me to meet his band mates, and I was looking forward to it. Well, I got there and was thoroughly impressed with both their exceptional talent and their professional attitude. I was honored to share the stage with them.

I've retyped this part three times... I don't want to sound like a braggart, but I want to record something... I was impressed with them and, like I said, I was honored to get to play with them. Vanessa put it in perspective for me though when she said, "and you held your own with them just fine, didn't you." I hadn't thought of it that way, but said, "yes, I did." She told me that she wanted me to make sure that I noted that. Wow. Hadn't thought of it that way, but it made me feel good inside.

Thank you, Steve, for the invite. Thank you Lord, for the gift.


No comments: