Saturday, October 1, 2011

old post - saturday morning

Another old one - this one from May 30, 2009.


We have a cache called “A Drop of Water.” I felt that way last night when the new pump was installed (thanks Uncle Tommy!). After being without water for a couple of days, I had forgotten how good it felt to simply turn on the faucet and get good, clean, clear water. :)

Woke up this morning to a couple of new caches on my phone. I have “instant notification” for a 50 mile radius setup to go to my phone. That way I know when new stuff pops up and we can grab the FTF. :)

Anyway, they were both in Caruthersville, which is just across the Mississippi River from here, and ALMOST close enough to run grab. Vanessa worked on the yard last night and she wants to finish it today, so I knew it was out of the question. So, like all “new” caches, I added them to my watchlist. Less than five minutes later there’s a log on them. :)

I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m fussing, because I’m not, just talking about my morning. :)

Oh - I’m also reminded of something Jimmy Minelli used to say (I worked with him at Riggs a LOOONG time ago - he loaned me the book “IT” and got me started reading King), “Gumbies, gumbies everywhere and not a one can think.”



No comments: