Sunday, October 2, 2011

old post - prayer

And here's the next "old post" - I shared a prayer request on August 24, 2009. The SPECIFIC request mentioned has not materialized yet, but there have been MANY small miracles (monetary and otherwise) along the way...


It’s been a long while since I’ve posted. School is back in session so things are more than busy. 

Here’s an email I sent earlier to a Christian mailing list I’m a member of. Feel free to join in as well. :-)

Okay, calling all prayer warriors...

I have a specific amount of money (no, not "a million" or anything like that) that I have asked God for. It is NOT an arbitrary number. I have added up some specific things that I need to pay for plus a specific item I need to buy without financing, so I have a legitimate, nice round number.

Just for sake of discussion, there are some specific things I'm keeping in mind...

1) we have not because we ask not

2) if a father who is evil knows how to give good things to his son, what about our Heavenly Father? How much better can he give?

3) during revival services last week, the preacher said this during an alter call - "what is your need? Whatever it is, God can supply it. It may be health, it may be relationship, it may be money - it may be because of something you yourself caused. Just because you're suffering from your own bad decisions doesn't mean God doesn't love you and doesn't want to meet that need.

4) I am bringing this up here because I want HIM to get the glory.

5) when Jesus was asked about paying the tax, he told his disciple to catch a fish and it would have the money in it.

6) the amount I'm asking for is GREAT to someone like me, but there are people out there that this would be a SMALL amount.

So - I covet your prayers.

Peace and Blessings to you all...




No comments: