Sunday, October 9, 2016

supports for the shelf & DC Comics Presents

I think the next few posts are going to be somewhat out of chronological order. :-)

I cut some 2/4's to use for shelf supports on my comic book shelf. It's a plastic 'utility' shelf and the weight of all that paper is making the shelfs bow, so I decided to give them a little support.




Now they are holding up MUCH better. You'll notice that I have EIGHT full boxes and a diaper box holding the overflow. I am planning to get a ninth box soon, as the collection is still growing. I also thought about building a shelf from 2x4's - if it were just a little bit wider I could hold FOUR boxes on each shelf, and I wouldn't have to worry about it bowing under the weight.

Thanks again to Kyle for giving me tips on what tools to buy and things to do and watch out for. He's a great son and I love him dearly! I'm so glad we got to spend a few days with him and Devin!

I also wanted to mention DC Comics Presents. I read Issue 19 earlier today.


Not a favorite issue, but not bad either. Had a bit of mystery to it, but was also typical of these little team up stories. Nothing epic at all, and Batgirl was really there because Barbara Gordon was there.

By the way, I didn't realize that Barbara and Clark didn't know who each other really were!

Anyway, not to run it down, but this seemed more like a 'filler quest' in an RPG than anything. :-)

Till next time...




No comments: