Monday, August 22, 2011

Paradise Video


I am uploading a video to YouTube that was shot at Paradise Boat Ramp in Kentucky. If you read my old blog, you know I did this song at my dad's memorial service. Well, a couple of months ago we were traveling through the area on the way to Indiana. We knew we would be close, so we decided to make a detour. Here's the first sign that we were getting close...



We turned off the parkway and made our way toward what was left of Paradise. We passed this cafe -


Then we drove on down and saw this "personal ad" -


We turned around and went back to the crossroads at the cafe and realized what street we were on...


We drove on down to the big Paradise TVA plant. MAN! I could NOT believe how massive this thing was!


So we made our way past the plant and tried to get to the Green River. I saw a sign that said "Boat Ramp" so we headed that way. I had no idea it was the very same spot I had found on the Internet months ago... Literally. Here's a screen shot of my phone showing where we were...


So we get down there and it's very emotional for both of us... We look up the river and see the plant and we look beside the boat ramp a see a little peaceful waterfall...


So Vanessa gets her flip cam out and records me doing "daddy's song" on the banks of the Green River. Again, it was very emotional, and I'm just now taking time to upload the video. Hope you enjoy...

No comments: