Saturday, October 5, 2013

Part one of several

Okay - trying again... I'm typing this from my phone. Had the whole post typed but for some reason it did NOT save the draft... :-(

Most readers of this blog know I talk about my musical journey. That's what today's post is about. If you're here looking for gaming information, come back next post... I have several things I want to blog about, hence the title. Specifically X-Wing Miniatures. 

Today I want to address something I've been asked about recently. No, I'm not playing with The Barnetts. Yes I am still playing and singing. 

As you know, Vanessa and I had been traveling with The Barnetts for over a year now. To put it simply, one of the son-in-laws plays rhythm guitar, but for various reasons (including a work schedule) he was absent more than he was there. Now he is going regularly again and "this group ain't big enough for the both of us." - LOL

Seriously, though, they no longer need me so I've moved on to other ventures. I had been doing less and less solo work and singer-songwriter stuff as I had been keeping my schedule free so as to be available for them. Now that I'm not needed I have begun to reach out to people again and make myself available for different things. 

One thing in particular is bluegrass. My buddy James and I got together this past week to do some picking. A couple in Jackson have approached him several times wanting him and me to join then and form a gospel bluegrass group. Each time he would tell them "he is picking with The Barnetts" and that wouldbe the   end of it. 

This week I told him to set up a meeting. Now you know me well enough, gentle reader, to know that I'm willing to open a door and see where it leads. It might be where I am supposed to be or it might lead to the next door. Either way I'm willing to give it a shot and see what happens. 

I am also going to be posting my gigs and appearances again. I had slacked off on doing that and had a great appearance today that a friend posted that she didn't know about. I really felt bad that I didn't promote it more but wil make pains to change that. 

So look for me to be doing more writing - more solo work - more band fill-ins - more duets with Vanessa - and more bluegrass. 

And more gaming, but more on that next time... ;-)


No comments: