Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Life Out There

I read magazines and other stuff (books, sometimes audio books) via the Libby app. I was reading a little one page article that I thought pointed to God as the creator of the universe, even if the scientists mentioned don't acknowledge Him. (this is from the November issue of Astronomy)


Note in the second column - the double slit. If you're not familiar with that, in laymen's terms all things are potential until someone observes it. Look it up if you're interested - it is VERY very interesting, and something that can be SHOWN with science. Very cool.

Anyway, I disagree with Schrodinger in that "life may be the result of an accident." I firmly believe "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth" and that he put man on this planet. S goes on to say that Consciousness can NOT be an accident - that it can't be explained. Of course not! How can we describe the human soul?

The writer of the story goes on to posit that the universe might just be 'self aware.' It's like he's describing God! He goes on to wonder if our brains "arise with an architecture" to cognize. 

I'm reminded of something we talked about in Bible Study last night. Truth is always truth, but knowledge can grow and CHANGE. I believe the more people understand how things might work, the more it points to a CREATOR and God. The article mentions a "sudden appearance as a hyper-dense marble-sized ball that bewilderedly popped out of nothingness." Yes, the "Big Bang Theory" - or, as I like to say, the scientific explanation for what would have been visible had someone been there to watch Him speak it into existence out of nothing. 

Is there a point to this? No, just ramblings. :-) But I'm curious what you, gentle reader, think about it?



No comments: