Friday, September 10, 2021

Old stuff...

Talk about ramblings! 

I found an old draft of a post here where I had made mention of things I wanted to 'talk about...' In no certain order...

We had gone North to see Kyle and family. I found some bronze age issues I was looking for. I don't know now what they were, but that's exciting finding stuff "in the wild." Here lately with other hobbies and especially house repairs that need to be made, I've not 'enjoyed' my comics like I used to. The Doomsday Clock 12 issue was a GREAT read, as well as Heroes in Crisis, but a lot of the other stuff just didn't stick with me... I even subbed to DC Ultimate for a few months to catch up on Flash and Green Lantern. I hate to say it, but it just didn't hold me...

The notes also mentioned watching Vanessa fly her drone in Kentucky. That must have been at Owensboro. It is REALLY a very pretty place! When we went to Kyle's over the summer we stopped there on the trip back and got a hotel room overlooking the water. We had supper from the in house restaurant (chicken fingers/strips) and ate on the patio. VERY very nice. Thanks, babe, for a wonderful time!

Looks like I mentioned the THIRD season of The Flash television show. LOL - I think they just finished season SEVEN, so yeah, that's some old notes... I noted that the first episode was called Flashpoint and the second was called Paradox. I thought it was cool how they got the name of the animated show in there. :-) If you haven't seen said show, check it out!

I had watched Steampunk'd on Netflix as well. Though I'm not one for 'reality' shows, I really enjoyed this! I had planned to do some Steampunk stuff for cosplay, but never got around to it. Last year for Halloween, though, I did make a Golden Age Flash (Jay Garrick, from the comics) outfit to wear to school. :-) Had planned to wear it to Superman Days, but it was delayed for Covid and the weekend they were having it didn't work out for us.

Looks like the game Unspeakable Words came in around these notes as well. It was a kickstarter that I did in hopes of having it for playing at Thanksgiving. Well, it was delayed a LOT, but I finally got it, and I don't think we've played a full game of it yet. :-(

But Saturday night is game night at Tammy's house, so maybe I can remember to take it and we can give it a try then!




No comments: