Friday, June 19, 2015

podcasts and music

Two things I forgot to mention a few days ago in my last post...

Some of you know that I don't listen to mainstream radio. Modern country is NOT appealing to me, so usually I gravitate toward podcasts. Some are of music (Freight Train Boogie is a favorite and has all Americana - usually independent artists like myself) but most are gaming related. This has changed in the past week...

I really wasn't in the mood for more podcasts on X-Wing or Star Wars Role Playing, so I thought I'd give the radio a try. When I'm with Vanessa she tends to have Sirius on Willie's Roadhouse, but of course nothing like that exists on terrestrial radio, right? Wrong!

There's a station right here in town called Eagle 97.3 - http://www.eagle973.net and they play MY style of country! I was so into it that I was hearing songs I haven't heard in a while and it was inspiring me to learn some different things for my solo show as well as with the dance band(s) that I play with.

So that's what I've been hearing in the car... George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, etc. Good stuff!





Oh - and here's an online version of an article for last week's opening day of the Farmer's Market, written by my good buddy and fellow musician Ken Jones - http://www.stategazette.com/story/2205067.html

No comments: