Monday, June 22, 2015

long weekend

First word that comes to mind from this weekend? Whew!

Friday was a short work day, but a busy evening! I played in Trenton at the Southern Thunder Jamboree. Great bunch of folks there! Nice people for sure, but not what I'm looking for... I'm honored they asked me to sit in with them and it was nice meeting more musicians, but I'm not going to be be a full time member.

Prior to me driving over there, though, I was sending some info to a cousin about the funeral arrangements for my aunt. My cuz calls me and tells me she's headed to Nashville as her sister had been shot by her husband! Yep, you read that right... Obviously they had to miss the funeral but of course we are fortunate that there's not yet another funeral to go too... She's in serious condition, but alive.

So it was with somber mood that I headed to Trenton... Vanessa came over for a bit but had to get back home and get some rest as she worked two 24 hour shifts back to back Saturday and Sunday.

Had a much better Saturday morning! I performed at the Farmer's Market in Dyersburg to a great crowd of folks! It was hot, but that's alright. :-) I do plan to be back again this coming Saturday. Mom didn't know I was performing and said she was going to try and make it this time...

I went home to rest up a bit then stopped to see Vanessa in Ripley on the way to Henderson. I also spoke with my cousin again and got an update on everything.

Yesterday was Father's Day and I got an early call from Kyle and then met Colton and Tiffani at Cracker Barrel where they gave me a great card and then bought my an Uncle Hershel's Breakfast. :-) Good stuff! We went back to their apartment and Colton and I partook in some Diddy Kong Racing on N64.

I left for the funeral where I was honored to have been asked to be a pall bearer. We said good bye to the last of the Anderson siblings. This was my dad's sister and that entire generation has now gone on to their eternal resting place and MY brothers and sisters and first cousins are now the 'old generation.' Whew - that's a sobering thought as well...

Afterward I went back to Colton's and we had a late lunch and watched some Netflix for a spell, then I headed to visit with Vanessa for a few minutes, then home to get some rest. Very little in the way of social media, so I didn't post anything hardly at all...

Now I'm back to a routine and was listening to a podcast on the way to work. The Secret Cabal talked about another game I popped onto Amazon and placed on my wish list - Concept. It's another party game and this time it's like Charades, only on a board...



In case someone out there is the type to bless people with things from someone's wish list... ;-)

http://amzn.com/w/4S5POM7KO56V

Yes, you'll notice Imperial Assault is on the list... We sent that to Kyle for an early birthday present and he's been sharing the stories of the games with me. :-) Can't wait to play it with him! I was telling Colton about it and he said it sounds better than Zombicide, which I have a STILL SEALED copy of! Yes, I would gladly trade it for Imperial Assault. ;-)

Till next time, Gentle Reader...


No comments: