Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Music Blossoms and Games are Played

If my last post was "music season," then it must be getting close to blooming...

I know it's just been a couple of days but I didn't want to let it get past me like it can do sometimes, so just a quick post as a journal entry.

Last night was Star Wars RPG night at the store in Ripley. There were only two regulars at first so I recommended playing X-Wing instead. A third player came up so that made four of us. Before the game was over we had at least two others stop in and want to learn how to play.

I was talking to Kyle about it today and I mentioned to him that it was just a big casual game and a TON of fun! The last several times I've played it's been in a tournament setting, but this time it was just for the fun of playing, and it was a refreshing change of pace!

Today I got a text from the keyboard player on Saturday nights. He needs me to fill in on bass guitar in Halls on July 3, so of course I accepted. I don't know yet if the Friday nights in Trenton will become a regular thing, so I didn't want to turn down something in hopes of something different being there. It's no different than me missing a Saturday night in Henderson/Finger because I am booked as a solo somewhere else, like the two nights in August I'll be performing at Union City at Discovery Park.

We bought Kyle an early birthday present... He's been wanting Imperial Assault since we saw it at Gencon last year, so we ordered it and had it shipped to him from Amazon. He got it today and was very excited. :-) Can't wait to try it out with him!

Well that's all for now! I'll keep posting as new gigs come in! If you've been thinking of booking me for a house concert but don't want to interfere with something else, don't let that stop you! When it comes to the dance places that's what subs are for! :-)

Till next time, gentle reader...

No comments: