Sunday, October 28, 2012

Photos and more photos

Howdy!

I wanted to share some pics and rather than do several Twitter posts or Facebook posts I thought I'd just post it as a blog entry... Hope you enjoy!

First, I want to mention our baby boy is now 19 years old! Here's a pic of him and his girlfriend during his birthday dinner...



and outside afterward with Vanessa too...



Friday night I was asked to sit in on lead at Halls with NashVegas (the band I used to play bass for).


Vanessa's caption for this pic on Facebook - "Playing lead tonight on one of the first guitars his dad bought him. Uncle John picked it out cause it was a "hot lead" guitar. :) "   Yes - this is the Gretsch that daddy bought me with the Alvarez to learn on. Since I took to acoustic first and foremost, this guitar didn't get much play. I used it with Heaven's Echos and used it in the studio, but never did a ton of lead work. It was fun playing off of Max on steel though - swapping licks and filling in. And of course supplying vocals. Always a good time. :-)

Saturday I was booked for the River Arts Festival in Memphis...


When we saw that Cumberland Collective were going to on the same stage, we decided to head down early! We saw these find people and musicians at Music City Roots back in June and were VERY excited to see them again! We got there early enough to meet up with Mike, Noah and others before they took the stage and won the crowd over (they had already won us over). If you EVER get the chance to see these fine cats, DO IT. You will not be disappointed, no matter what your genre of music. The energy that they use on stage is enough to get anyone excited about music. :-)

Here's a shot of them doing their thing...



They called me and a few others up on stage to help with their last number...


When you do go see them, tell them we send our love...

I then had the pleasure of sharing the stage with a new friend from the Memphis area - Bobby O'Neal. Here's a shot of us getting ready to swap out on a few songs - writers in the round style...


He finished with The Reckoning and had asked me to supply some "jamming lead." Those of you that know me know I never pass up an opportunity to play. :-) He posted it on YouTube this morning... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue9H_NU7NH8

Just a few more quick pics... If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you saw this one already...


Yamaha had a promotion a couple of months back where you got a free tuner and book for "test driving" a new A series guitar. I was actually impressed with one that I found at Guitar Center in Terra Houte, Indiana. Well I got the tuner and posted that pic and earlier this week I got the book. One page has a pic of basically my old Yamaha guitar I picked in Nashville - got it for a song! (pun intended)


That's it for now! Hope to see you down the road, on a dance floor or in a listening room somewhere soon!







No comments: