Monday, November 28, 2022

Forgive? YES!

     WOW! Just read an awesome devotional... This book - 


    is one of my devotionals that I go back to... Being an old comic book fan (pre LGBT propaganda days) this book caught my eye at the local discount Christian bookseller in Jackson - https://www.christianpublishersoutlet.com/ - they don't show it available on the website, but Amazon has it - https://a.co/d/fRAaBir

    Anyway - today I read about Spider-Man 3 and Venom. I don't remember a lot about the movie, but Ed, the author, has done a GREAT job making it into a story of forgiveness, and noted that it incorporates God, but not blatantly... If it's too blatant, people will reject it, but things in 'story form' ? People accept!

    This reminded me of a pocket reminder coin that I carry - I had misplaced it, but found it and now have it in my pocket as a reminder to Forgive!


    What does this mean? Here's the verse!


    So as you go about your business day to day, whether you are a Christian or not, remember to forgive! As Ed points out in the devotional, anger and hate and 'need for revenge' will take over your feelings and ultimately your life! Forgiveness is a gift you actually give YOURSELF! Ever been mad at someone or hurt about something and then find out they didn't even realize it or remember it? Who do you think the lack of forgiveness has been hurting? Yep...

    I won't say it's easy... I've had some major things <salute> that have eaten at me over the years, and I've had to ask God to help me forgive. It's not easy, and the two people specifically that I'm thinking of? They don't even know I've forgiven them. Neither have asked for my forgiveness so I've not brought it up, but it has FREED MY MIND to concentrate on doing good, on witnessing, on enjoying time with others.

    Have I forgotten? No. Do you forget when something has caused you pain? Especially if the scars are still there? No - but that doesn't mean you can't forgive. How many times? Well...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jimmy,
You have presented the importance of forgiveness with hindsight and compassion for people who are burdened by wrongs they are enduring. I like the way you addressed the "relief" one receives when forgiveness takes place. I especially like the way you tied in the comic book story; it illustrates how God uses "the least" to instruct us about those actions that are difficult to complete. After all, who would have thought about God using a comic book character to send his message in a manner we would understand and remember.