Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 2014 Catch Up post...

Yes, gentle reader, it's been a while. How have you been? What's new in your life?

Me? Well I guess I could fill you in...

First of all, two posts ago I mentioned going into the studio. Well that was a VERY successful venture! I now have my first ever CD and it was done in a studio. It's called Homegrown and you can order it via iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and CD Baby. I can also mail you a copy. And you can hear it on Spotify. Full details are on my website - http://www.jimmyandersonmusic.com

I have been playing at the Farmers Market in Dyersburg the last few Saturdays.

More recently, my band The Bare Basics played in Cayce, KY last night. We had a GREAT time! The crowd was small, but lively. I think they had almost as much fun as I did. :-)

My last post was talking about Dice Masters. Since I wrote that post I have driven to Memphis twice to play in two tournaments, one in Ripley and several in Dyersburg. It's a small investment compared to Magic and I'm enjoying it. I have even had a couple of guest posts published on a site called Dice Masters Rules. They have made me a full contributor and I plan to do at least one post a week... I already have an idea for my next three posts...

Speaking of gaming, I introduced my buddy Mark to X-Wing Miniatures and we spent about 9 hours playing a few weekends ago. Needless to say he is hooked. :-) As I've said, it's the new, faster Car Wars only Star Wars themed.

And speaking of Car Wars, Kyle has shown an interest now that Steve Jackson is bringing it back... We are going to be spending a few days with him later this week and attending Gen Con for the FIRST time ever! If you are going, PLEASE find me and give me a fist bump, a high five, a handshake - something. :-) I've known too many people via the Internet only and it would be great to meet you in person.

Speaking of Kyle, he's playing a force sensitive Jedi in our campaign of Edge of the Empire. I'm GM'ing this little thing over on roll20.net for him and my three gaming buddies from high school - Craig, Chris & Brent (and Brent's son). We are having a blast and Kyle and I are hoping to get in a face to face game at the con (yes, Phil (@darthgm on twitter) and Sam Witwer - I'm specifically talking to you...).

And lastly I've been listening to more and more gaming podcasts and making plans to meet some of the podcasters at Gen Con. With Car Wars coming back, my PBEM games still going strong and with the listening to more and more, maybe it's time I bring the Car Wars Podcast out of retirement?

Thoughts?

And thanks for reading... I know it's a ramble but that's what happens when I go too long without posting... Gotta get back in the habit. :-)

No comments: