Sunday, February 3, 2013

What? No songs?

Hey readers! Just an update to tell you why no songs this week...

Let me start with earlier this month. I've actually written three songs since January 1, and re-wrote an older one. All four of these are available on my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/jimmylogan0916

Last week - no song. Things were VERY busy at work, plus some things going on at home... I did spend a lot of time working on some lead on some older songs, since I've been asked to play guitar and sing in a band on Thursday nights. So there's that.

This past week my mother's only living sister was diagnosed with cancer. It was in the latter stages and she only lived a few days, but she didn't suffer. Today was the services for her. Earlier this week we had minor well problems - at least I thought it was minor. After the "repair" it turned out it was bigger issues, and I didn't think I could get the part till tomorrow (Monday). Turns out my mother-in-law found a place in Bradford that had the part.

Got it changed out and found a leak in the tank, so I bought and installed a tank AFTER the graveside service today. Now I'm REALLY exhausted... (emotionally and physically) We have water, but the pump is not cutting off like it should, so tomorrow, when it's daylight, I'm going to follow up AGAIN with it... At least we can take showers now though. :-)

This past Thursday night was the first show for the band I mentioned above. I must say that even though I enjoy playing bass, it was VERY nice to hold a guitar instead... :-) I very much enjoyed picking the Dwight Yokum stuff that David (the bass player) sang.

We have online testing taking place this Tuesday, plus there was a Java issue that affected our mission critical attendance software this week. Made for some LONG days...

Tomorrow I'll be at the High School all day getting ready for the testing on Tuesday. Whew. :-)

So - that's why no songs this week (and no Car Wars updates the last couple of days). We did have a short Plexus meeting last night in Dyersburg and I got some answers to some questions I'd been wanting ask. All in all a good meeting and I feel even BETTER about this product that I've been taking and Vanessa has been selling. I feel better - have more energy - AND I've lost 18 pounds and 2" in my waist over the past month! If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you more details... Even if you're not looking for weight loss (who's not?) the healthy benefits are amazing!

Oh - I had a Dewey Cox moment today... ;-)

Thanks for reading!


No comments: